If you reside within the Chatham Central School District, you are eligible for a Chatham Public Library Card. You will need a valid photo ID and proof of address to sign up. An example of proof of address can be an envelope (recently postmarked) with your current local address, such as a utility bill.
Register for a Digital Library Card for immediate access to our digital resources including e-books, downloadable audiobooks, streaming videos and digital magazines? Fill out the online form here. You will receive an email with your library card number and a link to set up a PIN to get started using the library right away.
Digital library cards expire within 30 days of creation if no proof of address is provided. Please visit the Library in person with your photo ID and proof of address within 30 days of setting up your digital library card to create a permanent account and receive a physical card that allows you to check out both physical items as well as digital resources.
NOTE: if you think you have a card, but don’t know your barcode number, email us at email@example.com
Top 10 Perks of Your Chatham Public Library Card
1. Access over 3 million items – books, movies, and more from 66 libraries throughout the Mid-Hudson Library System!
2. Free eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines, and Newspapers
- Use the Overdrive/Libby app to read eBooks, download audiobooks, and find over 3,200 magazine titles from all over the world!
- Use Hoopla to download even more eBooks, audiobooks, graphic novels, and comics
- Newsbank gives you access to full text newspaper articles from around the country
3. Stream movies, documentaries, and TV shows
- Download up to 4 titles a month on Kanopy thanks to the generous support of the Crandell Theatre
- Download up to 5 titles a month on Hoopla
4. Take an Online Class – learn a new hobby, pursue your personal interest, or pick up some new job and life skills
5. Homework Help
- For Elementary School Students
- For Middle School Students
- For High School Students
- More Online Resources Just for Kids
6. Career and Job Skill Resources
- Personalized resume and one-on-one interview help from JobNow
7. Learn about Local History and your own history
8. Visit local museums, parks, and historic sites
Check out free museum passes for local art museums, family-friendly parks and science museums, and more! Find a full listing of available passes on our Museum Passes page thanks to the generous support of the Ellsworth Kelly Foundation and the Friends of the Chatham Public Library.
9. Connect from anywhere – Borrow a laptop from the library to work from the comfort of home
10. Make some music – Borrow a ukulele from the library and join us for our weekly Ukulele Jam to learn how to play!
Access My Library Account
- Check Your Record
- Renew Your Items
- Creating & Resetting Your PIN
- Paying fines and fees online with your credit card
- Freezing & Unfreezing Your Holds