The program is self-paced and lets you decide how often and how long you read to your child.
Children from the age of zero to five may sign up to participate.
How it works:
- Read books to your child. Books may be read more than once, any number of times. Books read at library story times, day care centers, preschools, or by others may be counted.
- Track your progress on a reading log sheet—each sheet contains one hundred items.
- Return your first reading sheet of 100 to receive a 1000 Books tote bag.
- Each time you finish a sheet of 100, bring it to the library to place a sticker on the Reading Tree Mural
- When you have finished 1,000 books, you will receive a certificate and a gift. But, most important, your child will have a jumpstart on success in school.
“Children are made readers on the laps of their parents.” – Emilie Buchwald
Art copyright © 1963 by Maurice Sendak, copyright renewed in 1991 by Maurice Sendak. All rights reserved.